Follow-up: Rear hub replacement

Bryan Chow bryan@veryfresh.com
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 17:12:02 -0600

Hi All,

Thanks to those who replied privately to my last post regarding
replacing a rear hub assembly on my 95 200SX SE-R. I installed the
new hub yesterday and thought I'd post a follow-up for the archives.

>  - What size is the bearing retainer nut? I want to be sure that I
>    have the right size socket before I remove the brakes.

I still don't know the exact size of the bearing retainer nut, but a
30mm socket fit tight enough.

>  - How tight does the bearing retainer nut need to be? My Haynes
>    manual says 137-188 ft-lbs -- is this correct? This seems like an
>    awful lot of torque.

The Chilton manual also claims 137-188 ft-lbs, so I assume this is
correct. After having performed the install, this amount of torque
seems reasonable.

Bryan

--
Bryan Chow