turbo-cooling fan

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:28:00 -0600

> I also have a 300ZXTT fuel pump that is much noisier than stock.  Is this
> normal?  I was thinking since is was an OE part it wouldn't be a loud as
an
> aftermarket one.  Would some dynamat or something in the back seat quiet
this
> down or should I just live with it.

I have the same problem- although it does not bother me at all, sounds
pretty cool... its completly normal. 300ZX has soooo much sound deadening
material everywhere that U don't hear the pump almost at all. Try runing 2
fuel pumps- one is Aquamist and U will think U are driving a electric car. U
can dynamat the fuel pump, lemme know how the results go... I have to have
the rear seat in the back of the car... or it also drives me nuts- gotta
crank up the sounds. And I don't use rears seats so they are not there.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R custom exh manifold- puts turbo in the battery tray like Fmax- built
GTi-R
01 Max kinda stock.