turbo-cooling fan

Matt Sfeir mattsfeir@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:46:40 -0600

I have a 94 with an FMAX stage 1 turbo kit.  I'm having a problem with the
heat from the turbo and downpipe melting the blades on the stock cooling fan.
The turbo and downpipe are not coated.  Does anyone know of any fixes for
this?  Would aftermarket plastic fan blades be more heat resistant?  Has
anyone put a metal bladed fan in the stock housing?  Would coating the
downpipe solve this problem or just slow the melting of the blades?

I also have a 300ZXTT fuel pump that is much noisier than stock.  Is this
normal?  I was thinking since is was an OE part it wouldn't be a loud as an
aftermarket one.  Would some dynamat or something in the back seat quiet this
down or should I just live with it.

Other than that the turbo is fantastic.  290whp @ .8bar on 91 octane.  The
elevation here in Denver is no longer an issue.