Fuel Filter Part Number

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:52:13 -0600

Ok, Chris... you've got me there. I don't know if it does or not. If the
size of the filter doesn't make any difference, then I suppose we could just
slap anything in there... but, we don't, now do we? So, there must be a
reason we try to use the appropriate fuel filter.

Since the fuel filter is the only thing I changed, at the time, maybe I'm
just making a poor assumption.

Schmotty... good question. I didn't figure there was anyway I could mess
this up, but who knows. I'm a pretty big monkey, sometimes. But, I replaced
it hose to hose, i.e. removed top from the old, put it on the top of the
new(at least, what looked like the top), and did the same for the bottom.

I'll rephrase the question.

I got sent and used this part number(F1006-061, Tennex Nissan) for a fuel
filter for a '91 Classic. The size is smaller than the previous filter. When
I researched for part numbers, I found this part number(1600-41B00-JP) for
the filter for the above Classic. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the old
filter and didn't write down what had been used.

Does anyone know if the F1006-061 is the "new true" OEM replacement filter
for my car or if it is compatible to the 1640-41B00-JP, or if I just got
sent the wrong filter?

Thanks again for your time and trouble,

Mark(who would love to know why "size" isn't important;))