How much brake fluid to completely refill system?

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 23:10:36 -0600

Wayne Wrote:
> What are you going to be doing with the car to warrant such god awful
> expensive brake fluid?!  If you're really racing then expect to spend that
> much regularly;  if not, I wouldn't bother with the super hi-po stuff.

    The car will see the track as soon as it's done, and it will stay on the
track until it's replacement arrives (Twin turbo 5 liter Factory Five Cobra
Replica). This of course will not be for some time, so the Sentra will be
around for a while =). I'm using the same rational with the fluid as I did
with the brakes. What warrented the purchase of these god awful expensive
brakes? (I had to purchase new wheels, tires, wheel spacers, longer studs,
ect.) No idea really, and for some things there's no such thing as a budget.
But I'm not crazy, and two gallons of brake fluid is just that, crazy. Plus,
I see this as a one time purchase. After this, I'll be able to use one $12
bottle to bleed them every time it's nessicary.
    I'd like to thank everyone who gave me an estimate for how much fluid I
need. I'm looking at 3 pints now, instead of 16, which is very nice to my
wallet.
    Also, Khiem has asked, and others may be curious. No, I don't have an
Altima MC, and I've gone back and forth on this. In the end, I'll have one I
bet, but for now it doesn't seem worth my time. I'll make my final desicion
when I feel the pedal after the install. But FYI: I did ask Brian at
www.fastbrakes.com if he recommended upgrading to the Altima MC a while ago
when I first talked to him about this, and he said it was not as urgent as
I'd think, and should only do it if I wanted better than stock pedal
modulation. As I understand, the upgrade was almost manditory for the older
BABK that SMC put out, but this is not the case for his kits.

Sorry for the length, I like to talk about my own stuff a bit too much,
-Ben
1994 Sentra SE-R
Modification sequence: Brakes > Suspension > Turbo/Powertrain