engine check light

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:34:34 -0600

Peter wrote:

> Buy an OBD-II Scantool, be able to reset your
<snip>
> IIRC, these can be had in the $200 range, you can actually

Whoa, whoa, whoa... you don't need to get a $200 tool to check/reset your
check engine light.  Take a look on SE-R.net and there are instructions
(along with what each code means) to check the ECU.  After doing it once
or twice, you can actually do it without undoing any bolt/nut/body piece
near the ECU.

If you need any additional help, shoot me a private e-mail

> I hear you can get even more from a Consult, though, like WOT
> percentage, etc, last one of those I saw on ebay went around $800

Consults are cool... but rare.  If you want to buy one I think ConsultII
is like $4000 including software

kieran