How much brake fluid to completely refill system?

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:09:10 -0600

I will be upgrading to the 11" www.fastbrakes.com kit within the month (when
the kit arrives and I get the longer studs in, and the correct lug nuts for
my wheels). I have found a place that will sell me Motul RBF 600 by the
case. A case comes with 12 half pint bottles. I was told a rough estimate
would be one gallon to completely flush out the stock fluid and replace with
Motul, including the nessisary bleeding of the brakes. The cost of one case
is aprox. $144. If I need an entire gallon, I'll have to spend $288 and have
8 bottles left over. Spending that money when I don't have to is really not
my idea of fun. What would be the correct amount of fluid needed? And is
there possibly an online store that would sell me single bottles instead of
by the case? I've checked Jegs and Summit with no luck.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the many questions this week,
-Ben
1994 Sentra SE-R