Battery Relocation

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:10:29 -0600

>I have a Westco Miata battery in the trunk and did not put it in a
battery box.
>It's a sealed, gel(or whatever) battery which has nothing to leak, no
vapors, etc.
>I want to hitup the dragstrip once

As of last years rules (haven't looked at this years yet), the NHRA
sanctioned tracks rulebooks had no mention of a sealed battery at all,
thereby still requiring that all batteries, sealed or not, be in a
container, containing an external vent. They also require a battery
cutoff in that case as well. So I doubt that a track that cares about
safety would let you run.

Now if you can find a track that aren't safety nazis, you are fine.
There's a local track where you can run 10's with no cage, firesuit,
nothing.:)

-Jay