Battery Relocation

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:11:06 -0600

> >When I relocated the battery to the trunk on my Classic,
> >I did not use a batery box.

> This might be OK for the street (not really) but you will not pass a
> tech inspection like that.

Hmm.... i was kinda wondering about that.  I have a Westco Miata battery in the
trunk and did not put it in a battery box.  It's a sealed, gel(or whatever)
battery which has nothing to leak, no vapors, etc.  We have a road course that
a group of us car guys rent out and do whatever we want(within the guidelines
set by the owner of the track) and the tech inspection is up to you.  I want to
hitup the dragstrip once to see what it'll do with the turbo and I wonder if
the redneck inspectors here will pass me.  Guess I could go find out!

Khiem