suspension ?s

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:30:42 -0600

Brian Cembor <bcembor@fastenal.com> wrote:

>Here is my problem, I have steering wheel wobble or movement under braking,
>uneven pavement, and crack chasing. I have replaced swaybar bushings,
>steering rack bushings and newer struts up front; all with ES bushings.
>Also have FSTB.

>What else have I missed besides the tie rod ends/ball joints? Is this what
>is still causing my wheel movement? Or is this normal and I should stop
>whining?

It is not normal, and I've yet to see you whine. :-)

I don't see ES control arm bushings mentioned.  They *could* be the
culprit, or at least a contributor.

I'd be more inclined to say it's your rotors and possibly your pads as
well.  You may have warped rotors.  Carroll Smith doesn't believe in warped
rotors and he's probably correct.  It could be uneven pad material on the
rotors (yes there is some material transfer - this is one reason we bed new
pads).

The crack following and wandering on uneven pavement could be a touch of
toe-out.

Don't forget to check the rear suspension.  Small problems there can lead
to tracking issues as well.

George Roffe
http://www.nissport.com