Road Race report for Feb-08 - 09

Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce.Hearn@cd-tech.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:32:51 -0600

"Behold the mighty Sentra!"

NASA held a two-day race at Motorsports Ranch south of Ft. Worth this
weekend. Grover competed in three races over two days. He was three for
three, including an overall win.

Unlike NeckCAR, we raced on Saturday with snow flurries. That day's race
saw Grover take overall win. Okay, there were only five cars in the group
and each were in a different class. Still, he persevered as the C4
Corvette, Porsche 911RS 3.8 and Lotus 7 dropped out leaving an RX-7 as the
only other car on the track.

Sunday was bright and 30: warmer. Tires could actually build some heat.
Once again, only five cars for both races and all in different classes.
Everyone was running at the end of each session, so overall winner was not
in the cards. Despite the horsepower deficit, Grover was not lapped; in
fact, he was hanging with the 'Vette and Porsche for about six laps before
they finally pulled away. He did lap the RX-7, and uttered the words at the
top of this post over the radio after doing so.

We're happy with our radio setup, which will soon appear on the NISsport
web site. Another product in R&D is a Palm application for recording car
set-up and lap times, including some splits. I tested part of it this
weekend and it works well, though some practice is required. If you can run
a stop watch you can do this.

Well, enough whoring. George and I had the car prepped last week and it was
actually enjoyable to arrive at the track needing to merely adjust tire
pressures and fill the tank. I heartily recommend this practice to all
racers.

Bruce in Houston
'94 Nissan Sentra SE-R w/ $tuff, converting to ITS
'98 Suzuki Bandit 1200S w/ $tuff
'02 Dodge Dakota SLT 4-door, stock!
htp://www.NISsport.com