Repalcement battery terminal???

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:23:40 -0600

>Anyone know if there's an aftermarket replacement that fits, or am I
>going to have to strip a bunch of wires to make this work?

I had to have my positive terminal replaced when the original one cracked,
and stripping wires was not necessary. The secondary cluster of wires with
the red plug thing attaches to the main power wire on the terminal, and
does not have to be hacked. My terminal was replaced by a local garage with
a new one of the other style. The only downside is that, as the + wire is
about an inch and a half shorter, it will not work with batteries with the
terminals not on the back or middle of the top surface.

david