NX Vibrations when accelerating

Julian julianh@alchemysemi.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:34:36 -0600

Vincent wrote:
>I've tried revving the engine up while parked and see if the car starts
>shaking, and it doesn't. I've looked at the engine mounts and although not new
>(my NX has 110k) they don't look that bad. I've only got the car for 2 years

In my experience bad engine mounts usually make a groaning noise
when cold or the car shakes at idle.  The mounts don't usually look
really bad but @ 110k mi. I'd replace them if you are wanting to
fix up the car they are a common ailment on high mileage SE-Rs.

>Now, one problem I know I have to fix (hoping that's where the problem is
>coming from) is that both of my CV boots are not clamped to the CV join

Your CV joints could be the cause as the boots are to keep the joint
lubed and clean.  Its likely lost a lot of the grease now and even
allowed dirt in.  Do you hear a clicking noise when turning?  that
is also a sign.  A new axle is best but you can look into a rebuild
if you are on a budget.

Hope that helps...

-Julian
'92 NX turbo & '92 SE-R