ABS Problems

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 07:29:36 -0600

My ABS light keeps coming on. I've pulled the codes from the ABS
computer(correctly, several times) and it always reads code 16. Code 16 just
means that the ABS computer is the problem.

Kind of ironic. If computer is the problem, diagnoses itself as the
problem... how would it know if it's having problems?

Does anyone know if there is a way to double check this, other than swapping
another computer into my car? I've posted this in the Florida section at
sr20deforum.com, and no bites, other than a response from someone in
California.

I'm the second owner of the car and, apparently, from looking through all
the previous owners paperwork, it's been a problem before and continued to
be a problem for him. His dealership replaced the sensors and the computer,
but it still happened, intermittently.

It used to happen occasionally for me, but would always go away on its own.
Now, for the last 3 months, it's been coming on more frequently. It's to the
point that it comes on every time I drive the car, after about 5 minutes or
so. The car doesn't brake any differently and there's no odd pulsing.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Mark