Our best and fastest cars and drivers...

Andris Laivins andris@monkey-r.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:18:27 -0600

> When it comes to road racing, a hybried Civic is far
>superior to a VE equipped SE-R.

> Mike

Do you know why it is being restricted to NA cars only? That seems
a little silly  for a show that is supposed to be about the fastest
cars from each camp.  It is  common logic that tells you that well
buit NA for well built NA, the civic is the  winner hands down.
Both camps have a slew of nice, built, forced-induction  cars; and
having more power does a lot towards leveling the playing field in
civic vs. se-r.   It seems to me that restricting the contest to NA
cars is heavily  favoring the honda camp.  I'm not suggesting that
they are wittingly  handicapping the se-rs, but I don't anticipate
a very exciting show if even the  most built NA se-rs in the
country are racing against even a garden-variety  CRX with a
b-series and well-sorted suspension.   For each of the 5, 10, 20+
fastest NA se-rs in the COUNTRY, I'll bet there are 20 faster
hondas in  Southern California alone!

andris