Our best and fastest cars and drivers needed for a TV showproduced by SCC!

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:01:44 -0600

> Ya think?  How about those SR20VE Classics out there?  Not as light as
> a> CRX, but it seems to this optomistic monkey that "don't have a chance"
> is a little harsh...

If you had a built VE, it'd have a chance, unless the Honda motor was in a
Civic hatch.  There aren't any totally built VEs that I know of.  And when I
say built, I mean for absolute NA power; higher compression, port/polish,
balancing, etc.  One of my buddies had a sleeved B20 block(pretty sure it was
B20 and not b18, either way, the displacement was 2L), 13.0:1 pistons, CTR
head, etc. and he was making 185 whp running pig rich.  The guy who built his
motor has a similar setup but better cams, head work and put down around
240whp.  And that's NA.... and consider that you can put that into a ~2200lb
civic hatch, that's scary.  I wouldn't be worried about Club Si, but some of
the Honda Tech guys have very impressive cars.  Man, I remember when there use
to be SE-R vs. Club DSM events at Willow.

Khiem