phantom grip

? grailer@yifan.net
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:06:09 -0600

"mike kojima" <choaderboy2@yahoo.com> wrote:

  > Like the old saying says, you pay your money and you
  > make your choice.

Right - my apologies for being so obvious about the question. I guess the subtle
distinction I was trying to find out was is the Nismo LSD twice as good as the
Phantom Grip for twice the price, without any of the drawbacks of the Phantom
Grip. Or, is this a case of diminishing returns where the Phantom Grip gets you
80% of the Nismo for 50% of the cost.

I don't want to seem like I'm splitting hairs, and I probably am, but one of
your statements really brought this into focus:

  > When paired with an old VLSD, it is really nice,
  > almost like a high end diff.

Being that I have an old (221k) VLSD, and will do a VE swap this spring, would I
be better off with the Nismo or Phantom Grip for a car that sees 10-12 full
track days a year?

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss