phantom grip

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:10:06 -0600

They work super well when used to assist a worn out
VLSD.  I recomend the green spring version as it has
better lock up.

When used alone, like in a 98 SE-R or a G20 with no
LSD, they work real well as well, again use the Green
spring version.

The only bad thing I can say is that they loose
effectiveness when hot.  On my 98 SE road race car, it
works well for about 10 laps on a tight course where
you really need a LSD then the action becomes less
positve.  On a high speed course, the fade does not
seem to occur. When the tranny cools, it recovers.  I
don't have the green springs in my race car as well.
Also I don't have a VLSD in my race car, the only LSD
is the Phantom grip so if it was used only as an
assist with the green springs, I bet it would work
much better.

You would also never get your tranny this hot drag
racing or autocrossing either I think.

For the money you can't beat it.

Mike