tires

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:25:36 -0600

> Maybe its because the tires are 18" as opposed to 16".
> Mike
Could be that, cause the total weight of my 18" wheels and tires was 60lbs
each !! The 16" Z32 NA wheels and Yoko AVS Int 225-50-16 ZRs are about 39lbs
on my bathroom scale. The wheels are 16lbs each. The wheels and tires made
my car significantly faster- I can spin the tires from a roll on stabbing
the gas at 35MPH in 2nd, where with the huge 18s it wouldn't even wanna
chirp 2nd gear most of the time. I lost about 120lbs in rotational mass by
switching to a lighter- but uglier 16" Z32 NA wheel- that is painted black
to match the car :)
Mike Jez
01 Max 14.1@101.5MPH with VQ30 under the hood NA.
93 SE-R awating a wire harness and GTiR/TO4E swap.