tires

Jay cyberblinky@yahoo.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 07:55:22 -0600

  I also would agree with the comments on the forum
about the Kumho's not performing well in the winter.
I live in NW PA (about 20 minutes south of Erie) and
we have had a huge amount of snow this year.  I drove
the first month and a half with a set of fairly new
(less than 15k miles) set of Kumhos on my 200sx.  They
did not perform well at all in the snow; but they also
were not terrible.  I just realized that I needed to
slow down and take it down a couple notches till I got
actual snow tires.  Now I am riding on Mich Arctic A's
and I can see a major difference.  If you live in a
high snowfall area (more than a foot or two standing
during the winter season) I would suggest a
winter-only tire then switch back to a hp tire in the
spring.

  Jason

  (Also, was it Wayne that made the comment about
driving in snow in Ohio... [laughs] after living in
Columbus for a while I can say that you people hate
driving in the snow.  :oP   )