tires

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:41:45 -0600

> Just to give you an idea...  we get very little snow here
> in Asheville NC.  In about 3 inches of snow last week, I could move it
> maybe a foot back and forth, but it wasn't about to leave its parking
> spot.  I spent 20 years driving in Ohio and know how to get around in the
shit!

I live in Chicago also, and drive all year round on summer high performance
tires, they suck ass in the snow. I can't get off from the stop lights,
can't stop at all, and have to be extremelly carefull when it snows (feels
like driving on slicks). In the mornings the tires get rock hard and feel
like U are driving on squares instead of round tires. They warm up in like 2
miles and loose that feeling. Last year I drove all winter on my 245-40-18
Dunlop SP W10s, and it wasn't much fun eighter. Even when there is no snow
on the ground its still hard to leave the stop lights without spining tires
like a maniac. I dunno how its like driving the SE-R in the snow anymore but
with over 200lbs of torque at the wheels on my Max it gets nasty in the
snow.
Mike Jez
01 Max 5spd with no traction controll or any bogus electrionic shiznit.
93 SE-R parked for the last year now with no engine- building up still.
90 Max 5spd SE with no exhaust, scares every riceboy at the light.