info on Classic radio compatibility

davidpertuz@mindspring.com davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:14:10 -0600

This afternoon, I tried to replace the original radio
in my '93 CLassic (which had a messed-up tape deck)
with another OE radio from a '91 (thanks, Brian). I
found that while the radio would work fine - the plugs
were the same - the CD player wouldn't. The harness on
the Nissan CD player in my '93 has a 7-prong circular
plug on it, while the receptor plug on the '91 radio
only has 5 holes, so the CD player will not work.
Possibly a '93 radio will work in a '91 with a
working CD player, but not a '91 in a '93. I ended up
just pulling the mess out of my tape deck and hoping
it doesn't do it again. FYI for the archives and for
any of you using OE radios.

David