Torque member to hub bolt grade?

Steve.Linn@cornerstonecontrols.com Steve.Linn@cornerstonecontrols.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:24:45 -0600

Yep, discovered that last night with a little searching.
The metric Grade 8.8 (which are what my Home Depot bolts are stamped with)
are a rough equivalent to an SAE Grade 5.
http://www.engineersedge.com/hex_bolt_identification.htm
Great web site!
I'm still going to put OEM's back on when the dealer gets them in for me.
Last thing I need is a brake issue during an autocross or lapping day.

Steve in Indy
'92 with brakes that SHOULD work.....for now.