New Progess Adjustable SE-R Swaybars, like Nu-Tech are finaly avalible!

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:53:38 -0600

I just got finished installing the new lastest and
greatest version of Progress Groups killer and long
awaited ajustable antisway bars for the classic.

As you may recall, the hot swaybars to use, used to be
the rare and near impossible to get Nu-Tech antisway
bars designed by Ken Nord.  Well Ken got a job as an
engineer at Honda and got too busy to make them
anymore. Ken basicaly gave Progress permission to make
the bars and sell them under their own brand. What
Progress has done was to take Ken's design and improve
upon it to come out with clearly the best bar on the
market.

The bar has been tested and debuged with imput from me
and SCC's Dave Coleman with the early prototypes race
tested on Jared Holstiens SE-R cup car. They fit
perfectly and unlike the ST bars and even the original
Nu-Tech bars, they do not bind or contact any
suspension members in any part of the suspension
stroke.  They are designed to run on lowered cars and
stock ride height cars without contact or bind, even
severly lowered IT or SE-R cup cars.  ST bars bind
horribly on lowered cars and can cause weird handling
unless they are shimmed and set up very carefuly.  ST
bars also have poor quality control and have fit and
preload issues due to innacurate bends.  It takes a
bunch of skill and patience to get ST bars to work
right, not so with the Progress bars, they fit great.

The Progress bars replace the Urethane end link
bushings with sperical bearings to make the bars
instantaniously active and to eliminate any posible
bind that bushings can put on the suspension.  Bind
can cause unpredictable handling and makes for poor
ride.  The links are adjustable so you can get all the
preload out of the bar as well as get the most
effective angle from the links when placing them in
the adjustment holes.

Both the front and rear bars are 3-way adjustable.
The front bars is 1-3/16" in diameter with the rear
bar being 13/16".  The bars, bushings and end links
pivot very freely with no bind or unusual noises and I
found the the car's ride has actualy improved.

Although Progress does not list it, the B13 front bar
fits perfectly on the B14, I have just confirmed that.
I have not done track testing yet so I don't know
about how the bars fair as far as termnal balance, etc
as my street Classic car is so extreme (R compound
tires, slightly detuned SE-R cup car suspension), it
is imposible to drive the car fast enough on the
street to safely test it for this.  I can say with the
front bar full soft and the rear bar in the middle
position, it feels pretty neutral.  We will have some
more experiance with the bar when we get to race test
it next month and Jared likes how the debugged bars
feel on his cup car.

I know that many of you have been waiting a long time
for these and Progess has them in stock and on the
shelf right now, please don't e-mail me to ask how
much they cost, I am not sure!

Mike