HELP!!

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:50:13 -0600

does it happen at low speeds (parking lot speeds) as well or just above say
20 mph?
Is it a regular thumping or kind of irregular that is it doesn'thappen all
the time but pretty colse (is it rythmic sp?)

Had this happen on my GF's car and it was the power steering pivot bolt. It
had come loose and was stuck up above the axle. It would thump around
between the axle, the block, and the floorpan. Had to pull the bolt out and
stick it bak into the power steering pump. It would make noise above about
20mph, but below that it wouldn't make any noise.

Rick

 I got a bad dull thumping coming from the right front. I researched on the
archives and I am not sure it is the wheel bearing. It is not a whining
noise but a dull thumping that is speed relative. The faster I go the
louder
and more harsh the thumping. I can feel it in the steering wheel and it
shimmies a little as well above 45mph.

Is this the wheel bearing or a stuck caliper/loose pad?
This started Saturday night with no warning. It was fine that day and all
of
a sudden it started. This is really worrying me as this is my daily
driver.
 PLEASE PLEASE any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Brian M. Cembor
92 SE-R 128k miles.