NPM: Proj. beater SE-R dyno, rel. info.

Carlos Gutierrez cgutierrez@ci.glendora.ca.us
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:38:11 -0600

Mike Saiki on NPM:

>>Our baseline numbers were 114.1 horsepower @ 5750rpm and 113.4 ft-lb
torque @ 4750rpm. The numbers were not too bad, considering the almost
300,000 miles sustained on the motor. We have seen other SE-R's with 1/4
the mileage that made 117-120 horsepower. Needles to say, we are content
with these baseline numbers. >>

Wow, I feel pretty good about both my B13s prev. #s alsmot stock.

The '91 w/ about 175k mi dyno'd at 122.3 w/ just a cone filter (non
JWT), & the 150k '92 did ~123 *bone* stock.

BTW, to all you recently purchased classic owners, or any 10+ y.o. car
w/ the orig. battery connectors, check the wear on these things!  The
OEM ones are pretty thin and will waste away, particularly where the
split in the metal is on the front of them.

After installing a new red-top Optima a month ago, I realize I should
have R&R'd them at that time.  The car began to not want to re-start
after parking it a couple days ago, almost as if the battery were dead.
So after fiddling w/ the connectors it would start, hence a better
connection was in order.  Got a couple of the gold plated ones from
Kragen, though I hate the bling-bling factor, they're the best type of
conductor.

Now the swap is not straight fwd, you'll need to hack apart the OEM ones
(totally remove the neg., as you really want the actual wire to clamp
onto).  You need to be able to use the holes in what's left of the
positive one. in order not to take apart the wire, fusible link, etc.

Even if battery connectors look & sometimes feel like they're on there
nice & tight, always dbl. check & retighten them.  Careful not to over
torque the lead connectors though, they're pretty soft & will break.
;^p No, not me...

Back to lurking on digest...

SincERely,

Carlos Gutierrez, SERCA-SW RE
www.egroups.com/group/SoCal-SERCA/
'91 B13 track slut (dead OEM @ 263k mi.)
'92 B13 daily driven stocker (150k+ mi.)