Passenger Drive Axle

Andy Kunkle andy@dhrwireless.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:42:06 -0600

Hello Guys,

I have a question. I searched the archives for anything to do with the
passenger drive axle but didn't come up with anything that I was looking
for.

I just replaced the axle on the passenger side, and when I filled up the
tranny again it all came spilling out of the passenger side. I got the axle
from Napa, and they say it's the right one, but I have my doubts. The little
round metal ring that presses against the differential oil seal doesn't seem
to sit in there right. Have any of you guys had that kind of problem before?
I've never had much luck ordering any parts for my SE-R. 9 times out of 10
they get the part wrong... and it's really starting to annoy me after almost
6 months without a car.

I ordered another axle and it will be here tomorrow, but I'm just very
concerned about what's going on. I also checked the rubber seal and it all
seems to be fine. No rips or anything.

Anyway, thanks for the help... I guess this was more of a rant. sorry about
that.

Andy Kunkle
91 SE-R -- starting to regret my decision to put a GTI-R engine in my car...
anyone interested in buying it? =)