Update on Tranny (long)

Thomas Reynolds fthomasr@bellsouth.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:02:07 -0600

>Well what we found was it had no shifter
>cap for 5 th gear, and no fork shaft support
>spring:

God what shop did this? DUH! The shop probably didn't have an FSM and just
thought they could 'wing it'.

Any goober who can't study something before dissambling and then not realize
that there is a shift cap for 3/4 but not one for fifth and not wonder about
it should never be allowed near anything mechanical again. I don't know of
anyone on this list who doesn't shift their tranny after they have
reassembled it just before they put the cover on to double-check that
everything seems to be in order, in place, etc.

Scary. Glad I chose to repair mine myself. It is much simplier than you
would think it is to do.

Happy to hear you got it figured out. Nice to solve tranny mysteries isn't
it?

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo