Unorthodox Underdrive Pulleys

joel & Viola yesous2@comcast.net
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:27:29 -0600

Subject: Unorthodox Underdrive Pulleys

As a daily driver anyone got history that has used them,or
> opinions if this is a trouble free mod

I had them on my Slow 96R before the GTIRoids.
My crank seal started to leak about 6 months after the
install. Very small leak but a leak nontheless.

 and worth doing for the gain in
> performance?

They made little to no gain in peak power via dyno. I think
I gained 4 hp & 3 tq. I had all 4 of them. I would just do
2 instead of all 4. I did like the way my car ran with the ac
on. It had the same pull whether it was on or not. That's the
only benefit to getting all 4 if you ask me. GTIRoids