work done

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 08:46:12 -0600

Brian Cembor Wrote:

> To clean I have read about taking some small gauge wire and
> running down the BPT line.

Yes, especially if it is chucked into a drill, along with some carb cleaner,
or use a pick to get at the orifice through the bolt hole in the top of the
EGR tube (that's where the EGR temp sensor sits in a California car.)

> To replace, do you have to drop the engine?

To replace the EGR/BPT line?  No, and you shouldn't have to replace it
unless you break it.
If it is really badly clogged up, you may have to remove the tube to mildly
drill out the orifice, which can be done in under an hour.

Tim Rogers
-93 NX T-top -needs wiring work
-91 NX - Racecar-to-be
-75 Silverado - Rusty Tow Beast