Which clutch?

Christian Acuff traceme10@hotmail.com
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 11:05:38 -0600

>One other option that I seem to remember hearing about >is using the JWT
clutch disk with OEM pressure plate, >or is it the other way around? Is
this worth it? How >much does the JWT piece run?   I have this exact
setup in my DET motor and I have only slipped it once going into second
gear, but that is at 10 psi, and since your car will never see anything
more than bolt ons, this should hold. So I think this setup would be your
best bet being that the plate is around $230 and the stock clutch is
about $60 and throw out bearing is around $35. Also remember to replace
the two throw out bearing clips about $4 each, because if you don't, and
they break, shit gets fucked up and then you have to take your
transmission back out.  ( I know this from personal experience, so don't
forget the clips, they are cheap and will help save you time and money) Robert
Acuff97 SE-R/w   avinier sr20det