GC install

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:57:08 -0600

All done, fronts with the caster/camber plates in,
rears with the shigspeed mounts in.

Suspension feels in(f---ing)credible.  I can't wait to
cornerweight and get a real 4 wheel alignment.

The only uncontrolled suspension movement is now old rubber
bushing slop - ES kit's next in line to get installed.

So, post install there's a couple of questions..

At max positive camber setting, it seemed like the
farthest I could get was around 1.6-2 degrees negative.
I would have thought positive camber would be possible
- did I do something wrong?

Caster, it seemed I could only to about +1 degree, at best.

I managed to get toe to either 0 or about .001" toe out.

Provided I didn't do something ridiculously stupid,
I'll drive down to MA shortly and go get cornerweighted

There's a bracket that holds a hardline and some tubing
on the passenger side of my classic.  I had to take it
off the rear of the strut tower to put the camber/caster plate on.

Is there a way for my to remount this?  I've considered
cutting the bracket down to clear the caster/camber plate.
It's tiewrapped to my wiper motor at the moment.

Lastly, in a completely un-suspension related incident, my wipers
died - the motor is turning, but the connection to the blades is
loose somewhere behind the firewall - anyone know what usually
breaks there?  Or the easy way to get into that area?  I haven't checked

the FSM yet.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.