SE-R was stolen

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:15:33 -0600

As far as the impound and whatnot,
It typically takes police departments 3 days to 2 weeks to process reports,
depending on the department. That is why the notification took so long
probably.
As for the fees... the lot only contracts with the police, typically they
don't care why the car is there, only that it is. They have to make money
too...

Of course they could be in cohoots with the porkers and purposely keep the
car for X amount of time to make so money and then kick back to the
oinkers...

Oh, wait, that's only in Atlanta...

Brian

First of all why do you
have to pay to have a stolen vehicle taken out of impound? I was charged
$185.00 to get the vehicle back. ($110 towing fee and 5 days worth of
impound fees). Secondly why does it take 3 = days to notify the owner
that the vehicle has been found???? I reported it stolen at 5:45 PM and
the impound form shows that it was picked up at 8:50 PM the same day! By
the way I only have liability insurance on the car otherwise the
insurance company would pick up the bill on the impound fees and of
course the damage to the car.