Which clutch?

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:42:10 -0600

> I'm wondering what to do for a clutch.  The most this
> car will ever see is bolt-ons. Will I see any gains
> from an aftermarket piece?

I was having problems with my stock clutch slipping with bolt-ons and cams.
When I changed out my clutch, there was a guy helping me who was a mechanic; he
said my clutch disk looked practically new and this was after about 50k miles.
The stock clutch just couldn't handle the power I was putting down.  If you're
staying away from NOS or forced induction, I'd probably go with the JWT setup(I
think it's just the pressure plate).  It'll give much better clamping force so
that it should never slip with bolt-ons.

Khiem