Which clutch?

Josh Douglas yjosh@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:27:57 -0600

Hi all-

I'm getting ready to have a clutch put in my 91
classic. Its got 135,000 on the stock one and its
starting to slip pretty bad on the 1-2 shift.

I've searched the archives, but didn't have much luck
sorting through the mess of results. Is there a way to
search only the subject headings rather than the
entire posts?

Now, for my real question....

I'm wondering what to do for a clutch.  The most this
car will ever see is bolt-ons. Will I see any gains
from an aftermarket piece?

I see three options that I'm guessing are in my price
range and need some clarifications on the second 2...

1. Nissan OEM
2. Nissan b15 disk
3. Nissan/JWT combo

I'm leaning towards just going stock.

The second option is using the b15 disk (I think) Is
this still a sr20de piece or is it from the QR25? Do I
get the whole kit from the b15, or just the pressure
plate, or just the disk? I also remember hearing about
some problem with this setup...(overcentering?)

One other option that I seem to remember hearing about
is using the JWT clutch disk with OEM pressure plate,
or is it the other way around? Is this worth it? How
much does the JWT piece run?

Thanks for any advice and help. It's much appreciated.

Josh Douglas
91 SE-R  --just getting started....