SR20DE head flow numbers.

Robert Legere rlegere@snet.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:01:33 -0600

--- NismoDriver@aol.com wrote:
 I know everyone raves about DPR,
> but no one has been able
> to provide me with flow numbers .....

*****A friend of mine had one of their heads (DPR),
can't remember which level (welded chambers though).
It *barely* flowed more than stock on the intake ports
(I seem to recall 127 cfm vs. 123 cfm stock @ 10" of
water). The exhaust was better however. The shrouding
from the welded chambers was the culprit, unshrouding
boosted the airflow substantially.
     One high-port head I ported with stock valves
managed 145 cfm @ .450" lift and 148 peak, compared to
123 stock, so they respond well even with stock
valves. I'm hoping for better numbers with the 1 mm
oversized valves. Interestingly, the SR20 has some of
the best flow numbers at low valve lift I've ever seen
on ANY heads, confirming the engine's excellent torque
characteristics.

Bob Legere