Jason Garrett Young is leaving the list

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:03:59 -0600

Once upon a time (Wed Dec 18), Wayne Cox wrote:

> I too, am surprised and somewhat annoyed with this. Larry, what
> are you trying to accomplish?

The goal is to control the list better. Rather than everybody
being un-moderated by default, now everybody is moderated
by default. Individual subscribers can be made un-moderated
easily. I neglected to instruct the moderators as to how to do that
though. Whoops.

What I do not want is what is happening right now, talk about the
format of the mailing list. That is not appropriate. I will happily
make another list for that, but it is not appropriate for this list.

My time to work on this is tight right now. I am doing a job at a
big bank where my Internet access is constrained to just port 80. I'm
going through an ssh tunnel via httptunnel right now, checking email
briefly. My evenings are pretty booked too. I'll get around to list
stuff later this week or weekend. As an interim, I want the list more
tightly controlled so it doesn't spiral away like it was. If you
(the general you, not Wayne :) cannot bring yourself to be patient
for a few days, please follow Jason's lead and unsubscribe.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net