The SE-R mailing list

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:19:32 -0600

Hi,

First, regarding this mailing list. Yes, it will stick around, with
some changes. It used to be that it was the only online outlet for
our community. My policy was always pretty hands-off and liberal as
a result, in my desire to make it open to all and open to a sense of
community. However, there are now several other online outlets. So, I
intend to re-task this mailing list such that it will be more focused
with a much higher signal/noise ratio. This mailing list no longer
needs to serve the entire community, so the target audience will be
narrowed somewhat.

Therefore, the mailing list is going to become partially moderated. All
current subscribers are now moderated, and all new subscribers will
be moderated by default. What that means is that all mail sent to the
mailing list will need to be manually approved. Once the moderators
feel that a subscriber is a quality contributor, they may make the
subscriber un-moderated.

There are currently three people other than myself serving as
moderators, all long-time list members: Jim Wright, George Roffe,
and Bruce Hearn. I'm considering a couple others, and volunteers
are welcome.

If anyone has comments, please send them to me. Also, if there is
demand for a se-r-chat style mailing list, I will be happy re-create
it.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net