Forged pistons

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:57:19 -0600

>Your logic here being what?

They expand and contract too much with heat. Makes it hard to get the
clearances right, and stay right. Tough on the cylinder walls, etc.

Plus it's more of a culture thing. Everyone wants a "built" engine, like
that alone is going to give them 100HP or something. A decent stock
bottom end with factory turbo pistons is more than enough for anyone
that isn't a real "racer". People tend to easily get overwhelmed and
want all of the "big" parts on their car. Look at Supras making 800 HP
on stock bottom ends, DSM's making 600. Hell, we have stock bottom end,
high compression SR20DE's making 400HP reliably for years. I'm sure 500
- 600HP is easily attainable on a stock DET engine.

-Jay
Roller coaster rides for sale: $5 each