alignment question

Brian Cembor bcembor@fastenal.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:41:39 -0600

Thanks, that should help some. I basically wrote it down verbatim from the
printout they gave me.

The actual numbers all fall within the "specified range" and are all
measured in degrees on the printout.

Looking back at the printout and what I typed, you are right, I did
transpose the caster and camber lines. It should be camber first and caster
second number down.

Brian

I think the trouble is the specs are a little odd - specifically, they don't
list units of measurement, but these might be inferred. That being the case,
your front-end looks a bit weird:

I'd almost guess that some numbers are transposed - if your camber readings
were
negative, for example, that'd be good. If your caster readings were
positive,
that'd be good too although a little low. Toe's a little wacky regardless.

All of this is covered in richer and more expert detail in Mike Kojima's
suspension article written for SE-R.net. A link to the article is here: