Tires

Michael Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:56:35 -0600

Stay away from Michelins, they come standard on Hondas and every person I
know, has switched over to a Bridgestone or a Yoko on their 2nd set of
tires. XGT V4s are as bad as those Firehawks on the B15s and 00-01 Altima
SEs, and the RS-A Goodyears on the 95-99 SE-Rs. I recomend Yokohama Avid
T4s, all season, cheap as hell. Good overall tire, not performance oriented,
but rated up to 130MPH in some sizes- not that a B14 will even go that fast
stock. I'm run RE71s on my SE-R, and AVS Intermediates on my Maxima. Yokos
definitally rock, I had Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position SO3 before my 1/4
the price AVS' in 245-40-18 size on my Max and they didn't handle near as
well as my 225-50-16 AVS' do. I dunno about SE-Rs in the winter- have not
driven mine in 2 years now, but my Yokos have zero for traction in 1st and
part of 2nd gear in my Max in the cold seasons even on dry pavement. BTW I
go through tires every 10K miles, TireRack rules :)
Mike Jez
01 Max- on its 4th set of tires... 2nd clutch, 45K miles.
93 SE-R needs new tires every 3-5 months in the front :) Re-treads are
goooood.