Tires

David Pertuz davidpertuz@mindspring.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:48:20 -0600

>Check out TireRack.com - even if you don't buy there, their reviews and
>customer survey results are good shopping tools.  Check the survey
>http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp for "high performance
>all-season".  Those are similar to what came on your car, and what most
>folks here that need all-season go for.  At the top of the list is the
>BridgeStone RE950 (got them on the wife's NX2000) and the Dunlop A2
>(brother's NX2k and dad's Accord)  After buying / suggesting all those,
>I've gotten excellent feedback from everyone driving on them.  The 'lops
>might be better in the snow, but the RE950 is a little better in the rain
>and will probably maintain its performance better with wear.

I'll vouch for the Bridgestones. And in addition to their performance
attributes, I seem to be well on my way to getting 60,000 miles out of them
like I got out of my previous Dunlops, woohoo! :) They were surprisingly
reasonable in snow last week, too, before I changed tires.

I think the Tire Rack is great and I have bought tires from them a number
of times, but there are some nice advantages to buying from a good local
store, if you have already done research to determine what you want to buy.
I got an inexpensive road-hazard warranty with my tires, which I have used
a half-dozen times just in the past year. Got a leak? Just swap on one of
the tires from the garage queen (I have 5 sets of tires, geez!) and drop it
off, pick up later that day. I found the Tire Rack super-convenient for my
snow tires, though - ready to put on the car (perfectly balanced too) when
they arrived on my porch.

David