Tires

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:33:03 -0600

At 12:42 PM 12/9/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey all.  I need to put new tires on my '98 200 SER and need a little
>help.  I can't find a good rating on any of the 195/55/15's.  I put
>Kumho's on it

Check out TireRack.com - even if you don't buy there, their reviews and
customer survey results are good shopping tools.  Check the survey
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp for "high performance
all-season".  Those are similar to what came on your car, and what most
folks here that need all-season go for.  At the top of the list is the
BridgeStone RE950 (got them on the wife's NX2000) and the Dunlop A2
(brother's NX2k and dad's Accord)  After buying / suggesting all those,
I've gotten excellent feedback from everyone driving on them.  The 'lops
might be better in the snow, but the RE950 is a little better in the rain
and will probably maintain its performance better with wear.

Just remember, when dealing with a local tire store the "Best Tire for
You!" is whatever they happen to have in stock!  Sales dollars TODAY and
inventory turns are good biz practice, but not necessarily the best product
for you!

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car