EGR fix attemps fail

Its311Pete@aol.com Its311Pete@aol.com
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 00:17:42 -0600

   I made a good attempt today to fix the EGR problem on my car. instead of
running a wire down the EGR tube like SE-R.net states, I took a tube cutter
and cut
the tube about a inch from the EGR passage. I then took and straightened the
tube a little and cleaned it out with carb cleaner and a piece of coat
hanger. I got to the point that the coat hanger was bottoming out on metal. I
cranked the car gave it a few revs and could not feel a single bit of exhaust
coming from it.
 Before someone asks, you must not have really gotten the tube cleaned out, I
know for certain that the coathanger was bottoming out because I tapped on it
with a hammer and it was def. hitting metal. The whole reason why I cut the
tube was because I could never quite get a wire to make all the turns it
needed to make the length of the tube. After giving up I took a piece of
vacuum hose and connected the tube to the BPT and gave up. Anyone have any
suggestions? I am trying to remain smog legal .

Darren
91 Classic