Brake fluid upgrade question

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:11:25 -0600

As far as i know it is. Now sylicone based fluids (DOT5) are *less*
hygroscopic if that makes a difference. of course the two aren't compatible
anyway.

How would one go about changine to a DOT5 synthetic fluid if they wanted to.
Anyone? I know when you mix the two it forms either an acid or a gel. One of
the two. It completely messes up your braking system if you mix them though.

Also is there any kind of hygrometer to measure the water content of brake
fluid? I seem to recall seeing someone that made a little test strip you
could dunk in the master cylinder resivoir (sp?) to check it with but i
don't remember who.

Rick
Tryin not to slip on all the banana peels layin around.