Non-SE-R: GM OHV engines

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:36:04 -0600

Yeah right, so lets think this one through...

There is a technology that arises that competes with your primary business
line, selling gas guzzling crapola pigs - henceforth referred to as 'American
domestic passenger vehicles'..

Not every red/white/blue auto is a piece of crap, just the vast majority of
them, and almost anything in halfway decent price range.

Oh, but I digress, back to the mysterious technology...

It also competes with the guys your primary business feeds, the *obscenely*
wealthy oil companies.

One of the two of your purchase the technology outright, at whatever you can
negotiate to pay off the person who created it, and basically make him wealthy
enough not to care..

You take the aforementioned technology, the one that could damage both you, and
your buddies' business and you do one of two things...

A)  You put it in the locked closet to the left of the 'C' stairwell in the
sub-cellar, the door gets opened once every 10 years to make sure the hinges
haven't rusted shut..

or as George would have us think..

B)  You spend 100 million in R&Dtrying to 'make it happen' and it doesn't, to
the incredible sadness of who ... your board of directors?

Or maybe it's the stockholders who are really upset everything your companys'
been built on for the last 20-100 years hasn't just been shattered..

Naah, I'm sure your right George - there's this really neat bridge I'd like to
sell ya too.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.