Brake fluid upgrade question

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:50:10 -0600

RBF is the latest stuff, it has a slighly higher dry
boiling point, a much better wet boiling point (600
was already pretty good) and costs the same.

Castrol SRF, the stuff that the Indy and F-1 guys use
had the advanatge over Motul 600 with slightly better
dry boiling temp although Motul was better wet.  Indy
and F-I guys change there fluid all the time so it
doesnt matter.

SRF costs like $30 a pint, Motul about 1/3 of that.  I
did the early testing for Motul and found it to work a
little better than 600, the most marked thing was that
if the brakes faded, the pedal would recover very
quickly if you laid off the brakes.  It could recover
in as little time as a few turns.

Motul puts surfactants in the fluid to help bubbles
collaps.

Another Innovation that Motul is coming out with at my
request is a bleeding indicator dye.  When bleeding
your brakes you put a few drops of this in your m/c
and it will dye the fluid.

When you bleed your brakes, you simply pump until
clear fluid comes out!  Now there is no doubt when you
have fully flushed the nasty old stuff out of your
system.  The dye will not affect brake performance.

Mike