Brake fluid upgrade question

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:50:43 -0600

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 06:42:10AM -0600, Joshua Gary wrote:

> my brake fluid.  I've heard that the Ford High Performance brake fluid has a
> pretty high boiling point.

You can do a lot better than Ford fluid.  Valvoline, Castrol, and
several other common, over-the-counter brands have products that
outperform the Ford stuff, and at comparable prices.  Motul also has
some fluids you may want to check into, but I find them difficult to
source, so I just stick with Valvoline Synpower, personally.

> that stuff or do I just go in to there parts desk and ask for Ford High
> Performance Brake fluid?

Nah.  I'd do a little more research before stopping at a Ford parts
counter.

  http://www57.pair.com/lane/bfluid.htm

> I'll most likely have a shop install the brake lines and flush/fill

Nothin' wrong with that.  It is a DIY job, but if you don't feel secure,
DON'T TRY IT. :)

> They are also offering a stainless clutch line in the deal for 30 bucks.
> I've signed up to get it too.  I'm curious to find out how much of a
> difference it can make.

Neat.  I sincerely doubt that you'll notice anything except de-
uglified firewall connector. :)

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |