Non-SE-R: Methanol, was GM OHV engines

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:07:22 -0600

This is my first semester in grad school and I'm going to be working on fuel
cells for my thesis.  Anywayz, a couple other grad students and I have just
started working on this paper looking at methanol production vs. hydrogen
production for future fuel cell powered vehicles.

Currently, methanol is produced from mostly natural gas as feedstock.  There's
another method of making methanol from coal(which apparently we have in very
abundent supply).  So anywayz, I guess I'll have some good answers on this
topic in around 9 months or so!

Khiem