Help! Clutch gears problem

Jim Wright wrightj@apple.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 21:18:32 -0600

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 08:52  PM, joel & Viola wrote:

> At first it was difficul to get the car into first gear from a stop.
> Now it won't
> shift into 5th gear! It'll go into 1st gear but won't go into 5th gear
> now!

It's possible that the reassembly got mucked up, and one of the shift
fork caps might have gotten knocked out of position.  When I did my 5th
gear popout, it took me 3 tries to get it assembled properly.

Sounds like you need to have the folks that fixed it for you take
another look at their work, have them make it right for you.